Monday, January 26, 2009

NHD Reflection: Maya Angelou

My NHD topic this year was an individual paper on Maya Angelou.
The focus of my paper was Maya Angelous influence on minority banned books.
Maya Angelou's book "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" was banned fo sexual content, and explicit language. My paper goes into detail about the many different opinions on maya Angelou, and her work and how it help to influence other minority writers.
Some of the hardships I was faced with while typing my paper was looking for primary sources that would support the focus of my topic. It was easy to find Poems,interviews, and books by Maya Angelou, but It wasn't easy to find primary sourecs on how she influenced other authors.
If I had to do anything over I think that I would remain a little more focused and get my stuff done early instead of waiting until the last minute. Also i would pick a topic that is easier to express the theme with.

No comments: